Monday, September 12, 2011

Fun in the Student Center

Eating my overly greasy, three-sliced-sized, single slice of pizza, I noticed some interesting things in the cafeteria, and I’m not talking about Sbarro not having Diet Coke.  (or the woman giving me Sprite when I asked for ice tea) I’m talking about the strange nuances that are so obvious that we don’t even know we do them. 
The first that is most notable, are the people who sit at tables, alone on their Mac, an apple the beacon, Facebooking. Currently, I’m guilty of this, however, I am writing. We must give the appearance that we’re not sitting alone, and we really have a lot of friends; even though they may be virtual, a friend, nonetheless. And this is a perfect transition into my second nuance...the cellphone. 
If you can’t afford the overpriced Mac product, invented by the almost dead, Steve Jobs (poor guy), you’re probably on your respected mobile device. I look to my right and see my iPhone4. Yes, an iPhone4! It is necessary I tell you I have the best phone on earth, just because. Sip of Sprite. I digress; just about everyone sitting alone, without a laptop, is glued to their cellphone. So glued to their phone, they refuse to break sight with it. They stare intently at their little three-inch screen, again, making it seem as if they're texting the President on how to free the people of China from a communist nation. It is important to have random strangers know that you have friends. Cause honestly, I care. I don’t know your name, but bitch, you better prove to me you have more friends than I; completely logical. 
Third nuance: playing music on your cellphone without headphones. All I have to say to you people guilty: There is a special place in hell reserved for you where they play the Beegee’s for eternity. 
   
That’s all I got. Hit me up with any ideas, suggestions, or don’t; that seems like the trend. 
-j
P.S.- Ordering a salad with extra dressing and a large Pepsi will not help you shed those pounds...(fat chick over there)

No comments:

Post a Comment