Monday, February 14, 2011

Welcome to Today

So, today is Valentines Day. Congratulations, you've made it another year. While soaking up the rays, (it's 50 degrees here) I'm sure you're wondering what to buy your significant other. Well, good thing you're reading this because I have the best option for you.

Just say, 'I love you.' If your boyfriend/girlfriend is expecting something tangeable...find someone less materialistic.

Random Fact: Engagement rings were never used until the turn of the 20th Century. Tiffany and Co. used it as a marketing ploy that you should get your fiance a diamond. Capitalistic sucsess.

Ok...No more ripping on this Hallmark Holiday.

A few days ago I had the pleasure of seeing 'The Rite' in my local cinmea. My thoughts, you might ask? Well, for those of you that don't know, it's another exorcism flick. Anthony Hopkins plays a priest that becomes possessed by an unseen force. However, in this movie he is no Hannibal. Yet, he does have a quick senior moment when he bitch-slapps a girl no older than six. She just wanted him to bless her doll.

After a few instances of suspense and doors that close on their own, I've decided to give it a rating of two out of five. Not his best work but Hopkins always brings his 'grandfather' like feel to the screen. If you're interested in the Disney version of 'The Exorcist', this is the movie for you.

For news relating to my health:
I am now 152lbs! I'm sure all of you are so thrilled. Looking back a year ago I was a heafty 182. Blaming ankle surgery, I fessed up and admitted it to my alcohol consumption. Just by cutting out the evil juice I lost 20 pounds in two months and I'm still going strong. Running three miles a day also helps.

So I really hope I have some followers on this or I'm just typing to myself...which is similar to homework.

Suggested Reading:
Pygmalion and Galatea (  http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Pygmalion_and_Galatea )

Comes from Ovid's Metamorphisis, it is a story about love. Pretty Ok for today...read it...off to class...

Be well.

1 comment:

  1. I'll follow you Joe :). By reading the whole thing about Valentine's Day, I know you & Mac would get along just fine lol.

    <3 you..

    PS- Need to see you soon xoxo

    ReplyDelete